Monday, January 31, 2011

Is love enough?

Is love really enough? I wrestle with my fundamental thinking all the time with this one.  I so want to believe that it is, but somewhere in my ingrained mind that runs to the very core of my being, I hear the rantings of my old self.

"You have to balance love with the rest of scripture."

"God is a just God!"

"Love the sinner, hate the sin!"

As I said in my last post, I am reading the Bible again.  Not studying it, just reading it.  I am trying hard not to read it with any preconceived ideology.  (Which is very hard when you have been indoctrinated for over 20 years of your life.)  I am reading different versions of the Bible too.  Whatever strikes my fancy that day...  I read this scripture today and my old mind said, "Boy, that sure does sound New Age!! There has to be a counter for this scripture."  But I stopped myself.  Because it is just that beautiful.

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.



1 comment: