Monday, December 27, 2010

I'll vent here instead

I just posted on Facebook that my husband bought me two tickets to go see Mannheim Steamroller for Christmas.  The problem is I don't like Christmas music.  At all.  I mean, I like it on Christmas Eve.  For an hour.  After that it gives me ageda.  I know, I know...call me a Grinch or worse yet, a heathen.  I like singing Christmas carols of religious nature like "O Holy Night" or "O Come O Come Emmanuel" but I don't like to listen to them repeatedly.  Anyway...this is my beef:

I have been married almost 23 years.  For 23 years he has known I don't like Christmas music.  He KNOWS this.  When we get in the van, I turn OFF the Christmas music.

Olaf loves Christmas music and Mannheim Steamroller.

So, guess what I got for Christmas?

Instead of thinking of me and what I might want to for Christmas, he saw an opportunity to go on a date and see something he wants to see.  If I speak up and say that I really don't want to go then I am the bitch for not being appreciative of his gift.  That, my friends, is bull crap.  I DON'T LIKE CHRISTMAS MUSIC AND I DON'T WANT CHRISTMAS MUSIC TICKETS FOR MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

You know what I asked for?  I asked for him to draw me a picture.  He didn't.  He could have, but he chose not to.  Why isn't he the bastard? Why am I still the bitch?  Explain that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment